Friday 24 February 2012

Man is Man's enemy 2

Man’ he heard a scorned voice say. That was the voice that had woken him up. He took a quick glance around his surroundings. No one was there and the scroll was gone too. He kept looking. Someone was probably playing a funny prank on him ‘Zoë!’ he screamed just now remembering his second sons name ‘Lee?’
There was a sort of defeanning silence. He looked up at the image of his father. But the picture was as quiet and dead as the house. He ran to the door to try and open it. In vain effort he realized it wasn’t the code he had forgotten, it was someone that had deliberately changed it.
‘Who are you’ he screamed and his voice echoed. It was filled with desperation
‘I am he who you see when you look in the mirror’
He was getting frustrated. He wanted to punch something.
‘I said who you are! What do you want?’
‘Look in the mirror’ the deep baritone voice commanded. He ran to the toilet immediately and stood in front of the full length mirror. He saw himself, a haggard, unshaven, baggy eyed man.
The voice continued ‘I am that image you see when you look at the mirror’ the voice lightened up ‘you know, the one you quickly discard’
‘What? If this is a prank, I’m not finding it-’ before he could complete his sentence, the true image of himself flashed before his eyes. This time, it didn’t go immediately, it found a place in his medulla oblongata to live. The image was that of a dirty, cheating, liar who took the form of a standing animal.
‘Who are you?’
‘I am the animal whom you seek to kill. I am you’
He laughed heartily ‘ok, now I know I am crazy. Officially crazy’ he took off and settled in the parlor, the chills still running through his spine.
‘I am you. The naked sinful Adam.’ The voice said. ‘I am one for every man. You can’t kill me. I can kill you’
‘Why, why is that?’
‘Because you don’t know how to break the chain of your habits. The more you become bad the more I am compelled to stay with you and I can kill you when you realize the damage you’ve done to your life. E.G when a man’s been smoking his life out, I’d afflict him with lung cancer. When a man has been promiscuous, I give him STDs. When like you, you’ve been killing yourself with stress and I bring your death bed nearer. If you drive recklessly, I destroy your brakes. If you beat your wife, I place a knife in her hand. If you gossip, I make sure your back is bitten. If you are selfish, I make you sell fish. Don’t take me literarily.’
‘Isn’t there an opportunity for us to change?
‘There is but I do like living. Your change means my death.’
‘Oh.’ He said and looked at himself. ‘But if I don’t change you kill me. So what’s the ultimate deathbed for you?’
The voice seemed to hesitate ‘oh well, since you’ll soon die, I’ll tell you’ the voice tried a small laugh ‘Christ. Any soul with Jesus would be void of me your second man but would have a first man who is pure and to me irritating’
He muttered ‘but I have Christ and-’                                                            
The voiced seemed to say with a smile ‘you have church not Christ’
Feeling very clever. He went on his feet and acknowledged his savior but when he tried to stand up and open his eyes, all was black before him. He was dead. He wished he could share the word to others who would be worked up looking for a secret to kill the inhuman part of their lives.  
Now he knew salvation was death to man’s other side

No comments:

Post a Comment