Saturday 10 March 2012

LOVE

beyond the dark skies something lay
beyond the blue sea a phenomenon lay
who are you?
reveal yourself to me.
am I too mortal?
I’ve immersed myself into your person
I’ve read your books
but I don’t know you
how can I know you?
how can I walk with you?
I sit on the beach sand every morning
and the sand between my thumbs remind me of you
a soft whisper of the wind tells me you’re somewhere
the song in the air,
the kiss on my lips
oh such a wonderful romance
you’ve hugged me,
you’ve comforted me
you’ve given me joy
but I don’t think I ever saw you
my heart throbs when I hear your name
a million goose bumps suffice on my skin when I feel you
who are you?
I see your gifts
some embellished in chocolates
some possessing the fragrance of flowers
some tasting as goods a thousand delicacies
why do I deserve this
when I wake up in the morning
I think of you first
and I thank you
I already love you
mother says its impossible
I say its modern love
kiss me friend
send me love letters
I’ll tell everyone we’re in love
I’ll tell everyone you make me happy
hopefully they’ll see you my sunshine
hopefully they’ll see you not too far from the stars
not too near them either,
not too deep in the sea
not too near them either
I hope they’ll see you in their hearts
and be encouraged to love
because you and you alone can teach Love
because you and you alone is called Love
because you and you alone is called God

No comments:

Post a Comment